As You Like It Cafe and Bar adjoins the Street Theatre. From the cafe’s Facebook page: Serving one of Canberra’s best cups of coffee, drop in and try it for yourself. We regularliy try out our latest coffee inventions and would love your feedback. Serving breakfast and lunch on Mondays to Saturdays (8am to 2.30pm). AND Friday afternoon drinks and tapas from 4pm. Our place offers a funky and hip vibe, inside the recently refurbished Theatre or outside under beautiful trees, perfect in summer, or course your place is just as lovely too.
Accessibility informationGeneral accessibility features:
General accessibility information:
- Accessible booking options (eg online or phone or email)
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
- Clear signage denoting accessibility
- Accessible toilet
- Accessibility aware and friendly staff
Disabled parking access: There are two accessible parking spaces available at the front of the theatre, within 150m on the entrance.
There are an additional five accessible parking spaces in the ANU car park beside the Theatre however they are only available to Theatre/Cafe patrons during the weekday evenings (from 5:30pm onwards) and all day on weekends. They are located approximately 300-500m away from the entrance.
Accessible payment facilities: The counter where the eftpos machine is located is accessible (940mm above ground). The eftpos machine is also wireless and can be maneuvered into a closer position.
Accessibility aware staff: The staff are very friendly and have an inclusive attitude.
Booking: Table bookings are available via phone. The tables within the café are a mix and match of vintage furniture with differing heights (approximately 650mm to 690mm) and have removable chairs.
Assistance animals: Assistance animals are welcome in the Café and Theatre. There are no formal watering facilities, but staff are very friendly and would be happy to accommodate a bowl outside.
Accessible public transport nearby: The nearest bus stop is on Rimmer Street and is approximately 300m away or a 4-minute walk.Mobility accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility further information:
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Paths wide and not slippery
- Level door threshold
- Straight and wide approach throughout
- Automatic or easy open doors
- Level flooring throughout
- Wide aisles and walkways
- Table service or assistance available
- Bathroom - accessible sink
- Bathroom - accessible soap
- Bathroom - accessible hand dryer
- Toilet - accessible grab rails
Accessible bathroom facilities:
· Turn space: The bathroom is 2600mm by 2800mm. The circulation space is adequate for an 18inch wheelchair.
· Easy open door: The door is on the left side and not a straight on approach however, the hallway is approximately 1500mm wide with plenty of room to turn. The door is light, easy to maneuver with the handle being 1000mm above ground and opens inward. The door is 880mm in width.
· Grab rails: There are two rails, one of the back wall and one on the left wall beside the toilet. They are fixed in place and cannot be lifted out of the way.
· Soap: The soap dispenser is accessible and is located 1130mm above the ground.
· Mirror and Sink: The sink and mirror are accessible, being located 770mm above the ground.
· Hand dryer: An accessible hand dryer and paper towels are available; they are also located 1130mm above the ground.
Path wide and not slippery: The café is all on the same level, with wide pathways and the inside of the café is carpeted.
Automatic/easy open doors: Doors are a straight on approach, unobstructed, open automatically and are 920mm in width.
Table service: available during the Breakfast and Lunch service. The tables within the café are a mix and match of vintage furniture with differing heights (approximately 650mm to 690mm) and have removable chairsVision accessibility features:
Vision accessibility further information:
- Sufficient lighting
- No overhanging or protruding signage or other obstacles
- Large print or high contrast menus and other signage
· Location, Service Hours and contact details are available online
Vision accessibility further information:
Menus: Black and white, Text-based menus are available in the café.
Sufficient lighting: Lighting is sufficient throughout the café and at the counter.Hearing accessibility features:
- Visual or vibrating alarm systems
- Sufficient lighting (to enable lip reading and facial cues)
· Visual Alarm outside of the Theatre building.