“More than just a beautiful building, The Basilica of Saint Mary is a gathering place for all those who pass through our doors. It’s a center for the arts, and a place of refuge for the poor. It’s a community committed to the growth and social well-being of the city.
People of all colors, all economic backgrounds, people from suburbs, and from inner city neighborhoods stand shoulder to shoulder. Together, we travel on a journey of faith. We celebrate weddings, baptisms and funerals, Christmas and Easter, and weekend Eucharist.”
- West side of the church (N. 17th St).
- The Cowley Center lot on east side of the church, enter on N. 16th St. - only reserved for handicapped parking on weekends.
- Please display your permit. Violators may be towed.
- There is a ramp on the east side of the building.
- East and west ground level entry doors (under the Hennepin Avenue main stairs) equipped with automatic door openers.
- Church elevator located near west Hennepin entrance for access to all levels of the church.
- Church center east bronze door is equipped with automatic door opener.
- Located on the church’s ground level and lower level.
Teresa of Calcutta Hall – Lower Level
- Enter through the ground level doors and take the elevator to the Lower Level. From the elevator go through the Gallery to the Teresa of Calcutta Hall.
Marked service animals accompanying their owners are welcome in all Basilica spaces.General accessibility features:
Mobility accessibility features:
- Assistance animal welcome
- Disabled parking access
- Level or ramp access to front entrance
- Wheelchair hire available
- Wheelchairs are available for use in the church located near the Hennepin entrance. Please ask an usher for assistance.
Wheelchair placement in church
Vision accessibility features:
- The best locations are in front of the first row of pews on the east side of the church or at the break in the pew rows, referred to as the crossing.
- Audible or braille signage
- Audio description services
- Large print or high contrast menus and other signage
Hearing accessibility features:
- Listening devices available near Hennepin entrance for all liturgies.
- Large print worship aids for Mass and special liturgies.
- Tour guide materials in braille.
- Braille-labeled signage in all lower level spaces
- Sign language assistance or interpretation services
- Sign language interpreter at every 9:30am Sunday liturgy and children’s learning programs.