“U City offers Adelaide’s first 24/7 Changing Places facility.
Changing Places facilities are best-practice bathrooms for people living with disability and their support person. They offer more space, a hoist and other customised features, providing dignified and purpose-built toileting and showering facilities for people with disability when you are out and about.
U City’s state-of-the-art facility is fully accredited to Changing Places standards.”
Access to the Changing Places facility
"The U City Changing Places facility is available 24/7.
Access to the U City Changing Places facility is via a Master Locksmith Access Key (MLAK). MLAK provides people living with disability 24/7 access to a network of public facilities across Australia.
If you already have an MLAK you can access the Changing Places facility yourself during business hours.
To gain access to U City outside business hours, please contact our Concierge."
- Peninsula chair with space for an attendant
- Ceiling hoist (model: Highgate Duracare CX12) with lifting capacity of 284 kg. Users will need to bring their own compatible sling*
- Motorised height adjustable adult size change table with maximum capacity of 220 kg
- Toilet privacy screen and shower curtain
- Automatic sliding entry door for ease of access
- Free towels in facility
- Hand basin and hand dryer
- Clothes hook
* "You will need to provide your own sling to use with the hoist to minimise the risk of accident or contamination. The U City Changing Places hoist is a Duracare CX12; please ensure your sling is compatible with the hoist before using."