Smithsonian National Postal MuseumWashington DC, United States
2 Massachusetts Ave, NE
Washington DC, 20002 United States
Phone: (202) 633-5555
Go to Website >
From postal museum.si.edu:
“The Smithsonian National Postal Museum strives to make its offerings and facilities accessible to all our visitors. Please notify the tour or program offices if you would like to request accommodation services during your visit.”
- Service animals and power scooters are allowed in the museum.
- All video presentations within exhibitions are captioned; most are open-captioned.
- The museum restrooms have accessible units.
- Sign language, oral interpreters, and assisted listening devices may be requested with advance notice for tours and events. One week advance notice is recommended, but not required. Call (202) 633-5535 (voice) or email: NPMTours@si.edu to make arrangements.
- There is street parking near the museum.
- All-day paid parking is available right next to the museum at the Union Station. Access to the parking garage via H Street. For more information about Union Station Parking Garage, call (202) 898-1950 or visit their website.
- There are two accessible entrances to the museum with ramps:
- 1st Street Entrance
- North Capitol Street Entrance via US Post Office
(When museum elevator is out of service, this is the only accessible entrance to the museum.)
- Go out to the street via the 1st Street NE entrance and walk down Massachusetts Avenue toward North Capitol Street.
- Enter the Post Office and proceed straight until you get to the wall.
- Turn left to the museum entrance.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- To borrow a wheelchair, go to the museum’s information desk and request a loaner
- The information desk attendant will send you to the nearby Security Desk, and you will be asked to leave identification until you return the wheelchair
TOURS & SELF-GUIDE OPTION
- Visual description tours are available for visitors with visual impairments. One week advance notice is recommended, but not required. Call (202) 633-5535 (voice) or email: NPMTours@si.edu to make arrangements.
Post a comment/review:
You must become a member to post a comment